HDX Series for Medium to Heavy Weight Pipe in Cased Crossings
The HDX at a glance
- Handles Steel, DICL, HDPE, Concrete and MSCL carrier pipes from 100mm (4”) OD to 1600mm (63”) OD and beyond.
- Deals with various annular clearances, both grouted and
un-grouted, via multiple runner heights.
- Positions pipe within casing/host pipe for customized centering or restraining.;
- Installs quickly and easily to support carrier pipe on low co-efficient of friction wear pads that resist abrasion from casing/host pipe surface.
- Maximizes spacer weight bearing capacity and reduces point loading via a unique load sharing runner system.
- Grips pipe surface on anti-slip rubber pads that prevent spacer dislodgement during installation.
- Minimizes damaging vibration and movement transfer from outer casing to carrier pipe via suspension and dampening effect.
- Resists chemicals and oils, even if immersed for long periods of time.
- Contains no metal parts to promote corrosion.
- No lead content, making it fully compatible with all potable water applications.
The HDX comes in four runner heights, 38mm (1.5”), 65mm (2.6”), 90mm (3.6”) and 125mm (5”), making it both simple for pipeline installers to handle a very broad range of carrier pipe OD and casing (host pipe) ID combinations, and customise pipe position for grade control or “centering”.
Compatible with all types of pipe material, the HDX minimizes running friction during installation, and stations the pipe to promote even grout cover. If the pipe is not to be grouted the unit will support and isolate the carrier pipe plus its contents for the design life of the installation. See Installation Guide for HDX
Weight bearing capacity
Using a unique “load sharing runner” system, each HDX unit maximises its weight bearing capacity by distributing the pipe load across multiple runners. This reduces point loading at any one location, boosting and optimising the overall support capacity of the spacer exponentially as pipe size increases.
The “load sharing runner” system also delivers a suspension and dampening effect, resulting in a reduction in the transfer of potentially damaging vibration and movement from the outer casing to the carrier pipe. This may be beneficial in tectonically active regions or high traffic areas where ongoing external vibration affects the outer casing.
When used in accordance with the Installation Guide, the HDX will easily handle weights equivalent to Standard Ductile Iron Cement Lined (DICL) pipe full of fluid. For specific weight performance advice please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (Australasia) or email@example.com (USA)
Spacers can be made from any combination of available runner heights by joining different HDX segments together. These pictures compare the runner heights the different HDX segments (HDX 38, HDX 65, HDX 90, and HDX 125). The HDX # corresponds to the height of each of the three runners on the segment.
Reduced running friction and wear resistance